What is food blogging?
Food blogging illustrate a complex interweaving of “foodie ” or gourmet (one who takes pleasure in eating and drinking) interest in cooking with those of blog writing and photography. The maximum of blog use pictures taken by himself / herself and some of them focus on specifically on food photography. A food blogging is all about food it is considered as food blogging. A blog is a personal journal and there is no real rule of writing a food blog.
There are different types of food blogging like recipe, food/restaurant review, food and travel, food photography.
- Godaddy Hosting Reviews
- 10 Free VPS Hosting Providers: Linux and Windows
- BlueHost Review: Buy Bluehost Hosting in 2020!!
- BigRock Review 2020 – Why BigRock Hosting is Recommended?
- Hostinger Reviews – Why is it Best in 2020?
- Best Dedicated Server for Web Hosting in 2020
- Best Web Hosting for WordPress for Beginners in 2020
- What is Shared Hosting- A Complete Guide for 2020
- Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting: Which is Best in 2020?
- What are Hosting Services – A Beginners Guide in 2020
- Top 9 best reseller hosting providers in 2020
What all comes under food blogging?
- The cooking and posting bloggers:- There are the bloggers Who cook extensively and post about their cooking stories along with the super attempting pictures. It could be anything from a blog that documents highly authentic recipes, or experiential food or just about that one is cooking.
- The restaurant reviews:– These bloggers are the people who can count on the reviews restaurant for the quality of food services price range and presentation and so on. This is a much more detailed version of a restaurant guide and will almost include everything and a little story about why they love or hate the food that motivates them to go on the first page and so on.
- The Super Niche Blogs:- These are bloggers who catalogue a very niche subject within the food itself. No-Bake blogs, Gluten-Free blogs, Vegan blogs etc would come under this. Theirs is a repository of recipes that not only chronicles the food they are eating but also gives a glimpse of their lifestyle choices.
- Food and travel blogger:- These are the bloggers who explore new places and food. They travel around the globe visiting and eating their baby true city is known for food like Bangkok, Chengdu, and Tokyo, as well as lesser-known hot food spots like Istanbul, Karachi and Kuala Lumpur, Film their experience as they go. food and travel blogging involves a lot of research, shooting, eating, investing, editing and so on.
- Food photography blogs:- food photography is simple Product Photography with a focus on food. It aims to share, and persuade by photographing food arranged in a well lit, diligently arranged background. Food photographers have a specific mission to take the best possible photos and videos of food.
How to Become a Food Blogger / How to start a food blog?
Building your own food blog is not a difficult task, however daunting it may seem initially. Search for food blogs on Google and you’ll see many blogs hosted by people who are masters in the kitchen but novices in the tech world. Blogs are affordable—there are many ways you can be online for less than you spend on the ingredients of a single recipe. Blogs are popular and trendy. And a blog can become a steady source of passive or active income for you. It’s up to you to decide whether you want your blog to be a hobby—or a serious business. Don’t forget: whatever your goals are, you’ll have fun in the process, meet interesting people and even improve your cooking skills.
In just 4 steps you can start your food blog :-
Choosing the right content management system :- In manage or add content to your blog you win need a visual interface that let you perform all these actions and more. The complicated coding and design behind each website are still there but they are performed by the content management system based on your visual input. While numerous CMS options are there, the most known and popular choices are limited to a handful, such as joomla, blogger and drupal. However the international boat of popularity goes to wordpress the content management system we use for this guide. WordPress has been the world’s most popular blogging platform it works perfectly with blogs but also with companies website. Its highly customizable. It give you option for unlimited creativity and functionality. Knowing coding or design can be a plus when working with WordPress but you can build a green Webmaster peace without knowing the first thing about codes, design or blogging. WordPress is highly rated and easy to use with lot of options.
Selecting your domain name :- When you choose your blog name, you’ll need to give careful consideration to a number of details. Your blog name is unique; it should reflect your personality and style, and also give people an idea what they’re about to read on the page. Top-level domains (such as the ending .com) can vary, but the convention is the same. In order to have your own domain and culinary website, you’ll need to pay an inexpensive amount, usually on a yearly basis.
1. Brevity is golden: Even services with shorter names such as Facebook and Twitter go for shorter variants for their links fb.com and t.co. This is because it’s crucial to be accessible and memorable. You could name your blog something like: food for people who dont have time. But we doubt many people will remember the name and be able to access it. Instead, you should aim for something short and memorable, such as: http://quickbite.com. There’s not too much information, the word order in the domain name is obvious and it’s easy to remember.
2. Make the topic of your blog clear: It should stand out from the domain name, even for someone who has not visited your blog before. If you’re already widely known for your cooking, use your name. If you’re not, stick with a clear description of what your blog will be about.
3. It should read YOU: All the food bloggers we interviewed agree on one point: the foodie internet business is about being genuine and making your readers feel comfortable. Don’t barricade yourself behind a name that doesn’t represent you—you need to feel a strong connection to your blog, and make it clear to your readers, too.
Setting up your account with a hosting provider :- Now you already have the perfect domain name for your food blog, it’s now time to concentrate on finding a host. A web host is the service that enables your blog to be accessible to your readers 24/7 through their desktop and mobile browsers. Hosting is a paid service. The number of factors that you should pay attention to when selecting your web host is boundless.
Money:- Get good value for your money. Make sure the price you pay is fair and that you actually get what you pay for.
Uptime :- The time your blog is “up,” or online, is crucial because you want your readers to be able to access your blog at all times. Downtime issues with a provider should raise doubts.
Load time :- Optimal load time is in the range of milliseconds. While your blog content is key, the load time record of your hosting provider’s servers is also important.
Support:- 24/7 support is key for those times when accessing your blog is a problem. Next-day, or worse—next-week solutions—are definitely not what you want.
Features:- Hosting providers should offer different special features, such as apps, themes, design options and tools.
Reviews:- A simple Google search for reviews of the hosting services you’re considering should enlighten you and help you make a smarter choice.
Bluehost offers top-notch services, including reliable support and great value for your money. Prices start from as little as $2.75 per month. There’s more! When you click on the link above, you’ll get 50 percent off for the first year of service plus a FREE Domain Name. This offer is exclusive to First Site Guide followers. Whereas different hosting providers have different sign-up and check-out processes.
BLOG ON FOOD
Step 1 :- If you’re anxious to get your own special deal at Bluehost, which can help you start blogging almost instantly, click here. Next, click on “Get Started Now” and you’ll begin the process of setting up your own blog.
Step 2 :- Bluehost provides you with a variety of blogging options. If you’re a beginner, the best way to go is with the Basic Plan. Once your needs have evolved, you can upgrade your package. Although the Basic Plan has some limitations, it still offers everything you need to get off to a good start. As your blog grows, you may consider going with the unlimited Plus Plan, which is the top-selling package Bluehost offers. You can also get the Pro Plan, which is similar to the Plus Plan, but it offers even greater performance. This is an advanced package, suitable for seasoned bloggers who have a large base of followers visiting their blogs on a daily basis.
Step 3 – Choosing a domain name is a vital step that can make or break your blogging career. No need to worry, though, because Bluehost has everything you need to get started on the right track. Bluehost is set up almost as a brainstorming tool that feeds you an abundance of domain name options during the registration process. Look at the options, play with different combinations and when you come up with a domain that appeals to you, type it in the box. If that name is already taken, Bluehost will notify you and give you an additional list of similar domain names you can use.
Step 4 :- At last, it’s time to register your domain. If you see this on your screen, it means you’ve chosen a domain name and you’re getting closer to finishing the process of setting up your account. On this page, you’ll fill out your personal information, business information and billing address.
Step 5 – deals with payments, so you may want to keep a calculator handy to check your totals. The 12-month package is the lower-priced option. However, if you’re ready to make a longer commitment, the 24-month and 36-month packages are cheaper. The longer the package you take, the lower you monthly fee will be. You don’t have to commit to all the other package features at this point, so you can leave the selection boxes empty for now. When you want to try new features, you can easily come back to this page and add them.
Step 6 :- After you choose your Bluehost account plan and enter your payment information, it’s time to create the password for your account. Make sure you create a strong password that would be impossible to crack in case you encounter cybersecurity issues. A strong password has at least 11 characters and it’s a combination of symbols and both alphabetic (both uppercase and lowercase letters) and numeric characters. Once you create your password, tick the “Terms and Regulations” box and click the “Next” button.
Step 7 :- This step shows you that you have successfully created your password and displays a “log in” button for accessing your account. Here you’ll need to enter your username (or your domain) and your password to enter the account.
Step 8 :- Once you log into your account, you will be taken to a page displaying themes to pick for your new food blog. Bluehost provides a variety of default WordPress themes to choose from, all of which can make your blog very visually-appealing. You can always change your theme later, so don’t worry too much about making a permanent decision right away. Also, you can always pick another theme from a WordPress.org repository.
Step 9 :- After selecting a theme that inspires you the most, you are ready to start building your new food blog. To do that, you need to log into your WordPress dashboard, so click on the blue “Start Building” button to proceed.
Step 10 :- Logging into your WordPress dashboard will take you to the “Welcome” page, where you need to choose whether you want to set up a business site or a personal one. If you want to set it up on your own, simply click on the “I don’t need help” link to create your blog without the help from Bluehost.
Step 11 :- If you decide to set up your site with the help provided by Bluehost, click on the “Bluehost” button at the top of the left-hand navigation menu. The button will open a page with various tabs displaying different tools for helping you create your site. You can easily create your site by clicking on the “Launch” button, which will take you to a page where you need to name your website and describe it, so that your future visitors will know what your site is about. Simply enter the site title and site description in the appropriate boxes and you’re good to go. Now you have your own WordPress blog hosted by Bluehost and you can start blogging immediately.
Now you can start blogging…
Tips for successful food blogging :-
When you write for food blog, aur of things you should keep in your mind before writing the blog.
- Create your own style and voice :- you should write a blog in a natural and easy to understand and friendly tone. Before posting your blog you should always read what you have written a lot to yourself.
- Constant flow of new blog/articles :- whether you’re post daily or weekly that’s totally up to you. but always make sure you create a schedule and stick to it.
- If you provide desi please make sure the title and link of your new post did exactly same as the name of the recipe nothing else. All information can be added to the post contain so don’t try to cover too much information in the title shot simple and interesting title with the name of the recipe are helpful to the readers and give you a boost but search engines.
- Be consistent. for example, do not use the term instructions and then shift to directions or methods. Search engines and your leaders like to see the structure. decide the main heading for the sections of your post and take with them.
- the article must be somewhere between 300 to 700 words. keep as clear as you can.
- Use plugins for lists – be the ingredients or steps, you will need to point out there’s a list of things behind what you are doing.
- Always caption your photos before uploading if you are building a Gallery and there are more pictures that one’s photos used to show the steps of the recipe make sure you name them number the recipe and each step.
- keep your content original you should not copy content such as recipes for photos from other bloggers.
- Strive to use keyboards in the first 25 words of your article. This helps give readers a better idea of what they are about to read.
Ideas for food blogging :-
Below are the suggestion for topics suitable for food bloggers.
- Seasonal food
- Recipes and re-visiting recipes
- International cuisine
- Restaurant, product, cookbook or market review
- kitchen layout
- Festive meals
- kitchen tips and trick
- kitchen hack
- cooking classes, courses, accreditation
- hot deal, sales and coupon
Top Food bloggers :-
1. UMA RAGHURAMAN – MASTERCHEF MOM
Uma Raghuraman is a passionate chef and doting mother. Her passion for food and healthy eating urged her to start her blog Masterchef Mom, nearly two decades ago. Her blogs are full of appetizing recipes with plenty of images that will instantly make you hungry. Using her recipes and cooking tips, you can easily cook healthy food that even tastes heavenly. Undeniably she is among the top food bloggers of India and is also conducting Indian Home Cooking workshops in India and abroad.
2. NATASHA – ORGANIC AND HAPPY
Natasha had to face serious medical complications owing to an eating disorder and she could only overcome it by making a switch to healthy eating habits. Organic And Happy is all about healthy eating and through her blogs Natasha shares easy-to-prepare vegan recipes that are healthy yet tempting.
3. DEEBA RAJPAL – PASSIONATE ABOUT BAKING
Food blogger junctions “Passionate About Baking” like are making us fall in love with food all over again and if you have a sweet tooth, there could nobody be better than Deeba Rajpal. An avid food writer and recipe developer, Deeba is a passionate baker who loves to curate new delicacies while emphasising the use of only seasonal ingredients. Cooking for Deeba Rajpal is therapeutic and allows her to bring out her creative best. The recipes and photographs on her blog, Passionate About Baking is so innovative and tempting, you couldn’t possibly get your mind off it.
4. RICHA HINGLE – VEGAN RICHA
Richa Hingle is an inspiring food blogger who encourages her followers to adopt healthy eating habits through her blogs. At Vegan Richa, she shares gourmet recipes that are 100% vegan and made using organic ingredients. Richa loves experimenting with her food and her blogs will enthuse you to make vegetarian and healthy food, with a twist. Her Vegan Thai Pizza is worth a try.
5. NANDITA IYER – SAFFRON TRAIL
Saffron Trail is one of the most followed food blogging site conceptualised by Nandita Iyer, a food expert and nutritionist. In her blogs, Nandita simplifies the at of cooking while at the same time mastering her art in molecular gastronomy. Her recipes are an ideal mix of good taste and health. Through her blogs, Nandita educates her followers on the benefits of healthy eating and good nutrition. Saffron Trail is a blog to-be-followed ardently by health freaks.
How much does it cost to start a food blog?
If you are just starting out, a food blog does not have to be expensive. Instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars for a custom website, we would suggest starting with WordPress. You can get hosting plus domain for as little as $2.75 per month, and still start an amazing food blog that will attract visitors. Installing WordPress is free, and you might want to spend some extra money on a premium theme that’s specifically designed for a food blog. Since you’re not getting a custom design, we suggest investing in a good theme because it will save you time customizing the entire thing. Also, it is a good chance the theme will come with a few elements that you will need for running a successful food blog.
What should I blog about?
Just like with any blog, you should blog about what you love and know. By writing (or making videos and images) about the food that you love to prepare, you will attract more visitors than blogging about something you think it will attract attention. It will allow you to show your skill, personality, and to let people learn something new from your experience.
People love stories, great images, videos, and unique recipes. Here are few things you can blog about:
- Write original recipes
- Add restaurant reviews
- Include Nutrition facts
- Talk about celebrity eating habits
- Write news about food and restaurants in your area
- Work on innovative tips and techniques for cooking
- Whatever you do, make sure you play to your own strengths and focus on that.
- You should definitely avoid copying or spinning articles and recipes that are already online. People and search engines like Google will recognize that you are not original, and that may only lead to a disaster.
How food bloggers get paid?
There are several techniques food bloggers can utilize to start making money: Advertising networks – you can join one of the popular advertising networks (like Google AdSense, Media.net or BuySellAds) that will allow you to show targeted ads. The more popular the blog gets, the more money you can earn
Sell ad space directly – a food blogger can show ads on the sidebars, in articles or anywhere on the site. You can sell those ad spaces directly to an advertiser
Sponsored posts– you can accept sponsored posts. If you establish a good blog, people will want to pay to get featured on your site
Affiliate programs – you can recommend a product through your blog. If a customer makes a purchase, you’ll get a commission
Sell your own cookbook or ebook – you can write a book or ebook and sell it
Start membership sites – if you can offer something unique, people might want to pay monthly fees for unique content
Sell your food photos – if you are a good photographer, you can sell the rights to your food imagery
These are just a few popular methods you can utilize to start making money. When you become comfortable with your blog, you will find the one you prefer and that will fit your blog. You will also discover new ways of getting paid on the blog that might be unique to you.
How much money can you make with a food blog?
A food blog can be just a hobby or full-time job. That depends on you, the blog and how much time, money and skill do you have. The more you invest in a blog, the more you can expect back, of course .A popular blog can earn a few thousand dollars per month without a problem. For example, Huffington Post reported that Lindsay and Bjork Ostrom, the duo behind the Pinch of Yum blog earned $802,144.55 during a 12-month period (from December 2015- November 2016. Obviously, not many food blogs will be able to earn that much. The same couple from the example earned only about $20 their first month. So, it is important not to quit just because you haven’t earned millions in your first months of blogging. But if you’re good and work hard, you can start earning hundreds of dollars per month after your first year blogging.
- Selling e-book with your recipes
- display ads using Google AdSense
- Affiliated marketing
- Start building an email list
- Create a youtube channel
- utilise Instagram to drive traffic
TEAM INFILATE VIEWS
We hope that all of your doubts about How To Start A Food Blog are cleared
- Apart from Bluehost Web Hosting, Infilate’s Team also suggests the following hosting sites:
For Discount and Offers CLICK HERE
Hello readers, Check out our Discount Offers and Coupons.
In our upcoming blogs, we discuss all the aspects of best managed to host providers for WordPress. Also our personal Review over the best services you can look forward to. In this blog, we understand the best web hosting for WordPress, and there uses in different aspects of working type.
Share and comment on your valuable feedback which we weren’t able to include in our Blog. Your comments provide value to us. It makes us more energetic and we try our best to give value to our Infilate family.
Now as you know which is the best website hosting provider lets start making a website and start your online journey.
You can also check –