Start a travel blog is pretty easy. Travel Blog can be started in very few steps like:-
Finding a name for your travel blog:-
the very first thing you have to do for starting a travel blog is giving a name to your blog. finding the perfect name is probably the most challenging aspect of starting a travel blog – it may take hours to choose or find a perfect name for your blog. The most important thing to remember that you will likely be known for your site name for the lifetime of your blog because changing it is an enormous pain. A name like adventurous, backpacking, traveler, wandering, are very common and it’s unlikely you will find success with them.
- Godaddy Hosting Reviews
- 10 Free VPS Hosting Providers: Linux and Windows
- BlueHost Review: Buy Bluehost Hosting in 2020!!
- BigRock Review 2020 – Why BigRock Hosting is Recommended?
- Hostinger Reviews – Why is it Best in 2020?
- Best Dedicated Server for Web Hosting in 2020
- Best Web Hosting for WordPress for Beginners in 2020
- What is Shared Hosting- A Complete Guide for 2020
- Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting: Which is Best in 2020?
- What are Hosting Services – A Beginners Guide in 2020
- Top 9 best reseller hosting providers in 2020
Choose the name that completely stands the way out. The name of the blog should be catchy, interesting, and mind-blowing. The name of your blog should be classy and if you are hoping to eventually end up taking rest trips or working with the company then the name of your blog should be decent. The next most important thing that you have to do is making the URL as easy as possible to remember. Make sure to have a .com domain name is available. ( it’s not that important but people also used to a website ending with dotcom they will probably forget any other domain extensions). Before choosing a domain you should always check out the social media option before purchasing the domain, before purchasing your dormant make sure that the name of your site is available on every social media network you can think of especially important is twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Setting up hosting:- Choosing the right hosting site is important because a travel blog is usually single-handed. Exactly what you need to look for in order to make the best web hosting decision.
- Good Scalability:- if you are passionate and serious about your blog, it blog should fill with more articles as time goes by and receive more visitors. As it scales upwards, your website will require more resources. Storage is the easiest to quantify, although these days even the cheapest web hosting offers so much space that it should never be an issue. More visitors to your website will also result in higher bandwidth consumption, which however forces you into a more expensive plan. If your web host can meet your growing needs it should offer good scalability the key to picking the right WordPress web hosting from a scalability perspective is to check out the relevant features across the plans.
- Solid support:- it is very important to have solid support from the hosting website. They must be well versed in WordPress. Response time shouldn’t belong. They should be available around the clock or at least during reasonable hours.
- Awesome performance:- Web hosts perform variably when it comes to speed and performance.
- Cost-effective pricing:- Travel bloggers tend to be bootstrapped one-man operations, and you are no doubt keen to keep costs as low as possible.
Very next step after the signing of the hosting now it’s time to install WordPress. After completing your hosting purchase, you will be asked to choose your password for WordPress. Then the hosting site will ask you to pick a theme that appeals most into this – it’s not permanent. After choosing the theme, hit that button that says building and its time to start building your site. Then the hosting site will ask you whether your site is business or Personal. Then full in your site name and slogan in the boxes that appear on the screen. Then click on the yes on the next screen. Choose a static welcome page here. After all this you’re a complicated bit is done. The next screen below means that you are now the proud owner of a WordPress travel blog.
– Logging into your site:-
it’s very simple just type your username and password and you are on your website. The screen that you can see is your WordPress dashboard and that’s where you will be running your travel blog.
Down the left-hand side, you have all of the important stuff of your site like:-
- Posts (For writing articles for your readers)
- Pages (For static page on your site, like an about me or contact page- this will be shown on the navigation bar at the top of your site at all the time and will be easily accessible to your readers )
- Comment ( where you will approve, spam, or reply to comments on your article from readers)
- Appearance ( where you will alter the look of your site by installing a new them, editing its code, and adding sections to your sidebar)
- Plugins ( for adding additional features to your site)
- Settings ( where you can alter your site setting)
– Finding a theme:-
Now it’s time to show your creativity. your website theme is how you are going to personalize your site to get it looking exactly how you are currently hoping it will.
– Canva – Canva is completely free to use so if you are starting your travel blog with a tight budget then this would be a great option once you have created an account and signed in click on create a design and play around with any of your banner sized option.
- Elegant theme:- The very first version of the blog uses an elegant theme. Its great value for money, getting to choose from such a white collection means you can play around with different designs.
- Theme Forest:- Theme will usually include installation instruction so this should not be difficult at all on theme forest, for example, you will be able to download an installable WordPress File. Once you have downloaded the file you can log in to WordPress click on appearance – theme – upload, upload the zip file you have just downloaded from theme forest.
- Getting yourself a logo:- logo, banner, a header is what you will use to differentiate yourself from other bloggers so its kind of a big deal. You can make your logo on your own or you can simply hire in assistant for making a logo.
How to start a travel blog and make money:
Your First blogging steps:-
- Create an about page:- Before publishing your first post you should create an about page. The first thing you should do whenever arrive across on a travel blog for the first time, It’s finding out who the blogger is what there are currently doing and why you should care about them and it is so important to have an about page. it is the potential readers why they should follow along on your journey this is also the place to let your personality shine. The about page should be exciting and interesting, it should grab the readers and convince them to stick around you.
- Write your first post:- Tell people why you started the blogging, what it is going to be about, where you are going, and where you have been. The introduction is how people will get to know you can help kick your blog off with a bang. Once you have written the introduction start sharing it on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Create a business plan:- if you want to find success then you should treat your travel blog just like any other business. how you are going to find success? how you will monetize your site? how will you build an audience? where do you want to be in 3 months or in a year? which company do you want to work with? where do you want to be featured? – start thinking long-term, write down your goals, and start working towards from day one.
- Install Google Analytics:- Google analyses will allow you to track your traffic and find out more about your readers who don’t get obsessed over it.
Starting a Travel blog is pretty easy and uncomplicated. Between every few steps, you can start your travel blog.
What is Travel blog?
A blog is a type of Website that gives you updated regularly in the form of posts. This post can be stories, reviews, photograph, images for Podcast and other types of content which can be uploaded online. A blog is written from the perspective of one person for a small group. Large companies are including blogs as part of their main website to explain products and services in more detail and to attract internet traffic to their main website. a travel blog is simply a blog with the entire focus is on the world of travel. Travel blogging is the process of sharing your travel stories and tip in the form of blogs. It is not much different from any other form of blogging except that there a lot of demand for authentic travel information and real traveler stories. Travel blogging is an online travel diary for travelers across the world.
Travel blogging is sharing your travel experiences. Be it about a road trip, cultural practices all local food customs. Travel blogger is a person who travels Around the World collecting material for writing about the travel experiences. Travel blog is a collection of tools so that I can write down a journal send the address to family and friends, set up an automatic mailing list so that every time you add a new entry to your list your friend gets an automatic email. Also, the theme is travel the travels are designed to cope with moving around, maps and flags are linked from each journal. Photos can be added to a blog to make it more attractive. Travel blogs fill this same niche of wanting to hear from real people about the travel experience. People taking a year-long break to travel the world begin writing, travel agents began to write.
Top 10 Travelling blogs:-
- Dan flying solo – Daniel is a British bloke who works with Skyscanner and the lonely planet on the regular. He is an amazing writer with tons of useful tips and is an even better photographer. Even his photography has been published in beautiful destination travel and leisure, national geographic, travel channel, and matador network.
- A broke backpack – Melissa is a Canadian doll. She is very real and is such a warm-hearted individual. She is a very talented individual and has purely proven that hard work pays off. Melissa has been published on Huffington Post, matador network, thought catalog, and much more. She is truly a female bag factor and inspiration.
- Lili’s travel plans – Lili is a Belgian chick who is another Kick as a travel blogger. she is very talented and she has recently named under the top 25 travel bloggers to follow in 2016. She has a great experience and does a wonderful job of sharing her opinion about travel.
- The blog abroad – Gloria is an Arizona native and is the most real of the most real. She is never afraid to voice her opinion, she is an extremely talented writer who creates very great and helpful content. She also has a great eye for photography. She has worked with top travel photographers and writers for Huffington Post thought catalog and matador network. She is also one of the best selfie-takers.
- My life’s a movie – Alyssa Ramos is a Cuban American. She is a GoPro selfie ninja master. She even published the top 10 tips for getting travel photos with no people in them. Alyssa is also part of the GoPro family and writes for Huffington Post, a matador network. She also shared quick travel tips for packing on her social media.
- Drew Banksy – Drew is another Arizona native. He has been traveling the world since he left college and has made a full-time career working for himself. He is also known as the Snapchat genius. He creates his own travel show through Snapchat. he works with several different brand and sponsors is a part of the GoPro family and writes for Elite Daily as well as Huffington Post.
- The blond abroad – Kirsten is and California native who quit a career in finance to travel the world. She is being traveled for 5 years and killing it. This girl is blessed with amazing girl power. She also works with top brands and sponsors from all over the globe. She is also a good writer, content creator, and extremely talented and photographer. She is also a part of the GoPro family and has been featured on Huffington Post, Forbes, matador network, and many more.
- Travel Break – Steph be is a California native who’s been on CNN and writes for several media channels including, Huffington Post, elite daily, Forbes, matador network, and many more. She is an extremely talented writer and a content creator and also a great photographer. She has a great knowledge of social media. She has come from a marketing background and has taught herself the INS and outs of social media and does it well. She recently published this awesome article 7 steps to get influenced to share your product is also another Latina that inspires and motivates and author representation of a bold female blogger.
- Backpacker Banter – Chris is British and is currently living in Byron Bay, NSW Australia. Chris is a talented photographer and video creator. He’s also snapping candids of his beautiful girlfriend! His most recent Maldives YouTube video will surely make you want to quit your job NOW. If he isn’t surfing he’s off traveling the world and recording every piece of it.
- Nomadic Boys – Stefan and Sebastien are the cutest gay couple! They are both from Europe and are currently traveling to Argentina. These boys are taking the travel industry by storm. Their mission is to seek out and encourage other gay couples to travel and step out of their comfort zone. They aim to find the best places at the best price with the greatest experiences.
Best Travel blog sites in India:-
- Shivya Nath – The Shooting Star – Shivya Nath quit her corporate job to pursue her dream of traveling around the world. She is all about traveling slow and soaking in the experience of places, rather than just checking off a list. She is always on the look-out for offbeat experiences, beat swimming with black tip sharks on the Malaysian East Coast, or setting camp in a Mayan community in Guatemala.
- Archana Singh – Travel See Write – Archana Singh loves exploring offbeat and unusual definition looking for the untold story. She currently works as a brand constant, influencer photographer, and public speaker while living her dream of traveling and telling stories. She is a very popular blogger with a huge following and has endorsed many global brands. Har popular blogs are motivation to travel, top budget list destination, biggest travel inspiration, strangest food items you have tasted, a story from your travel.
- Siddharth Joshi – Sid The Wanderer – Siddharth Joshi is a blogger, designer, travel writer, and photographer. He loves traveling and sharing memories moments from his travel in the form of stories and pictures to inspire others to live a life full of Wonder. The Wanderer as he calls himself says his travel is all about wandering around, exploring the places with Wonder and Curiosity, making new friends, meeting people he has never met before, enjoying new experiences, and living the moment.
- Lakshmi Sharath – Travel With Lakshmi – she is one of the well-known travel bloggers. she has started her travel blog as a passion now it has turned into a profession and she has now won numerous accolades for her blogs. She has also won India’s best travel blog of the Year. she has trouble to five continents and over 25 countries with many more to go. Travel with Lakshmi is a platform where she voices her travel experiences, stories, and exploring new things food, clothing, culture.
- Sankara Subramaniyam – Be On The Road – Sankara quit his lucrative IT Job in 2008 and has been traveling full time since then. Sankara has set out of demystifying the world of travel for Indians, one follower at a time. His travel stories on his blog and TEDx platform have been an inspiration for many across the globe “to be on the road” as his blog aptly suggests.
- Sandeepa and Chetan – SandeepaChetan’s Travel Blog – Sandeep and Chetan are living the best they had always dream of i. e. traveling in a truck and visiting obscure places. The Travel slow and love the uncertainties that come with this. They are the best Duo, also in the top couple travel bloggers has a long list of places to go and have covered most of India, Newzealand, South America and some of Southeast Asia.
- Mridula Dwivedi – Travel Tales From India And Abroad – Mridula was a Ph.D. scholar from IIT Kanpur, gave her lucrative job as a professor, in 2005 to travel the world. She is a super mom travel blogger, she loves to travel with kids voices her travel stories on her blog travel tales from India and abroad, which has been featured on BBC. The Guardian and National Geographic among several other media Publication. She has been to 27 countries to date and recorded her encounters on her blog.
- Kamya – Wandering Kamya – She Travels the world on a budget and shares her crazy experiences on her blog wandering Kamya. Travelling is her lifestyle and she says I have been on the road for about three years now and so for me, it’s more of a way of life than a motivation. I guess this Lifestyle comes naturally to me because I like to continuously explore new places and lose myself.
- Nisha and Vasu – Lemonicks – They are a fun-loving couple who are pursuing their passion for traveling. The two are poles apart but share the same Mantra when it comes to travel that travel is all about memories you make, and not about checking off a list of places. They have been to 42 plus countries and five continents and have more to go.
- Anuradha Goyal – indicates – Anuradha began her journey in detail in 2004 to follow her passion for traveling and writing. She has traveled to 15 countries and almost all of India. In addition to writing on the blog, she has also authored the book – ‘The Mouse Charmers – Digital pioneers of India’ which has published by Random House.
FAQ(HOW TO START A TRAVEL BLOG):
How Do You Make Money With a Travel Blog?
A lot of travel bloggers recommend waiting until you’ve built a large and engaged audience before you even start to think about monetizing your site, but I don’t think it’s necessary. There are plenty of ways to start earning money that won’t negatively affect your growth or annoy anyone who visits your site. Here’s how I recommend getting started:
Adsense: The easiest way to start making money with advertising is through Adsense. Sign up for an account, enter in the ad settings you want (I’ve received the most success with a 300×250 sized banner placed below the first paragraph of a post), and then you’re good to go! Download the Quick Adsense plugin, too, as it makes placing the ad code anywhere on your site straightforward. Experiment with different placements, too. You should be able to make as much as $1 per 1,000 visitors to your site if you have enough placements, and while that won’t sound like much, once you reach 25,000 visitors a month, you can leave Adsense, join Mediavine and start making 10x more money with advertising. There are plenty of new travel bloggers who manage to reach 50,000 page views a month in under a year — with Mediavine, which means making around $750 a month in ad revenue, which is enough to live off in cheaper countries like Vietnam.
Amazon: If you want to get started with affiliate marketing (and you definitely should — I make six figures from affiliate marketing alone!) Amazon Associates is best for beginners. Any time you mention a product on your site, you can search for the product through Amazon Associates, and then use that link in your post. Whenever your readers click on that link and choose to buy anything, you’ll receive a commission on that sale. Packing lists, in-depth reviews, and gift guides are great for monetizing through Amazon, so get started with those. I have packing lists on my site that makes me over $100 per post each month in Amazon commissions, so if you can write a detailed packing list and get it ranked first in Google, this is a great way to make money before you have a huge audience.
Other affiliate programs: As long as you don’t go overboard and stuff every single paragraph with a ton of affiliate links (which can always be tempting!), there’s no reason why you can’t join other affiliate programs, too. Some popular ones that I use and recommend include World Nomads for travel insurance, Agoda and Booking.com for linking to accommodation I’ve stayed in, and Skyscanner for whenever I talk about finding inexpensive flights. That way, when you write a detailed travel guide for a place, you can recommend the hotel you stay in, share how you found cheap flights, and recommend that your readers take out travel insurance, and make money whenever somebody clicks those links and follows your recommendation.
Most important of all: I use every single one of these companies and have done since the very first day I started traveling. If you hate Skyscanner and never use them, for example, don’t then recommend them to your readers just so you can make money from them. You gotta be ethical! The best thing about affiliates is that you can start making money from day one. If you start your travel blog off by writing a travel guide to Athens and find that it makes its way to the first page within the next month or so, you can add affiliate links to that post and make a decent amount of money from it — even though your overall blog doesn’t get that much traffic. That’s all I’d focus on right now. I’d steer away from monetizing your social media, trying to get comped travel, and running branded content posts/sponsored posts in the early stages, if not forever, because they’re most likely to annoy your readers.
How Much Does it Cost to Start a Travel Blog?
Now that I’ve covered how to make money with your site, let’s take a look at the upfront costs you can expect to pay to keep a blog running. Here are several options: You want to run a blog to keep friends and family informed of your travels: free. If your aim is to keep a record of your travels for your friends to follow along with and you have no desire to turn it into a business, there’s no need to make an investment upfront. Instead, I recommend heading to WordPress.com (rather than .org) and setting up your site through there. You won’t have to pay for hosting and you’ll have access to free themes to use on your travel blog.
You want to start a professional travel blog but don’t have much money to do so: $109 There are definitely ways that you can cut corners without sacrificing the overall quality of your travel blog. I’ve yet to come across a popular travel blog that wasn’t self-hosted, so that’s essential. When it comes to a theme, having a slick and modern one will create a better first impression, so I think that’s important, too. Opt for a ThemeForest theme in this case, for around $50, and you’ll be well on your way to building a wonderful travel blog. For your logo, go for Canva if you’re trying to save money. They have some pretty impressive banner designs that won’t cost you a cent to use, and you can hire a professional designer further down the line as you find success. Skip everything else that’s paid at this point — you can invest in those later on once you start making money with your site.
How do I start a travel blog?
- Pick a name
- Sign up for hosting
- Install WordPress
- Set up your website
- Install your theme
- Create your main page
How to Start a travel blog and make money?
- Decide about the niche for your blog
- Pick your blog name
- Buy domain
- Technically start a blog
- Select a wordpress theme that helps you make money blogging
- Create content that converts
- Promote your content & get traffic to your website
TEAM INFILATE VIEWS
We hope that we cleared all your doubts on How to start a Travel Blog. The main focus of this blog(How to Start a Travel Blog in 2020) is to help you decide which are the best tips and trick to start a travel blog.
- To get the best web hosting for your travel blog, Infilate suggests you the following hosting sites:
For Discount and Offers CLICK HERE
Hello readers, Check out our Discount Offers and Coupons.
In our upcoming blogs, we discuss all the aspects of best managed to host providers for WordPress. Also our personal Review over the best services you can look forward to. In this blog, we understand the best web hosting for WordPress, and there uses in different aspects of working type.
Share and comment on your valuable feedback which we weren’t able to include in our Blog. Your comments provide value to us. It makes us more energetic and we try our best to give value to our Infilate family.
Now as you know which is the best website hosting provider lets start making a website and start your online journey.
You can also check –