GreenGeeks was established in 2008. Its headquarter is in Agoura Hills, CA. The type of services they provide is shared, VPS, reseller hosting. the company’s dude flies in North America and has served over 35,000 customers with more than 300000 websites. It is an eco-friendly hosting company, it has dedicated itself to living a positive energy footprint and replaces use energy with triple the energy credits that are used. market intelligence firm IDC has estimated that over the next 10 years data managed by businesses will increase as much as 50%. this simply means are a notable increase in the number of servers required to handle the data even considering advances in server technology.
- Godaddy Hosting Reviews
- GreenGeeks Review-2020 | 100% True Reviews of Users
- 10 Free VPS Hosting Providers: Linux and Windows
- BlueHost Review: Buy Bluehost Hosting in 2020!!
- BigRock Review 2020 – Why BigRock Hosting is Recommended?
- Hostinger Reviews – Why is it Best in 2020?
- Best Dedicated Server for Web Hosting in 2020
- Best Web Hosting for WordPress for Beginners in 2020
- What is Shared Hosting- A Complete Guide for 2020
- Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting: Which is Best in 2020?
- What are Hosting Services – A Beginners Guide in 2020
- Top 9 best reseller hosting providers in 2020
The GreenGeeks website has pages on WordPress and website builder hosting, but these are simply alternative ways of marketing the same shared hosting plans. They are good baseline products, but GreenGeeks does not offer WordPress optimise server caching, site staging, or the other more advanced extras you will get with specialist WordPress plants from providers such as IONOS, BlueHost and A2 Hosting. it’s VPS plans are excellent value, with for example a 4GB RAM, 2 core, 100GB storage and 4TB bandwidth setup costing only for $20 a month, billed monthly. There are barely any configuration options, though. No managed hosting, no choice of the distro for Windows Server, no cPanel, not even a choice of data centres. All shared and VPS hosting is protected by 30 days money-back guarantee.
Pros Of GreenGeeks review :-
- Environmental friendly: 300% Green hosting (GreenGeeks review):- Given the company name, let’s focus on Green Web hosting for a moment. It claims to offer 300% green web hosting powered by renewable energy. This simply means that they buy three times more the amount of renewable energy certificate then is being used by the services they provide.
- Certified Green company – It has been recognised EPA Green Power partner which works with environmental Foundation to purchase wind energy credits. There is also the fact that one of their data Centers is in Toronto. In recent past years, several data centres have been moving there to take advantages of the phenomena called free cooling.
- Excellent server speed (GreenGeeks review):- The server speed of GreenGeeks is great and unbeatable. GreenGeeks performance test showed best EU-based tests since our server is in Netherland. However, it also managed to show excellent speed across the board as well from Asia to North America.
- Choice of server locations (GreenGeeks review):- When selecting a hosting account you can choose where your website is hosted by selecting where your GreenGeeks account is provisioned. They have data centres in Phoenix, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal and Amsterdam. you can enjoy all of your hosting platform benefits such as scaling, speed, security, and eco-friendly technologies regardless of which data centre you choose.
Convenient and easy for newbies and Non-technical people:- For a sign-on fee of $2.95 per month. You’ll get practically unlimited amount of everything plus even free domain registration and website migration services thrown in.
GreenGeeks Free site migration(GreenGeeks review):- not only is web space unlimited but it SSD storage which is fast. Then there is the daily backup and free website transfer with practically not often seen at this price point. Round that up with everything is and you will be hard-pressed to find a comparable offering. WordPress hosting come with slight differences but many of you will be pleased to notice that there is a free WordPress site migration services that they provide. This is something that many web post charges a significant amount for.
HTTP\2 and MariaDB (GreenGeeks review):- The GreenGeeks offerings are HTTP\2 enabled by the default and that is a whole other story in itself. HTTP\2 can actually make your sideload faster and is favoured by Google. It is also worth noting that GreenGeeks is using MariaDB, which combined with SSD hard device, optimise light speed and power ache caching technology to form a powerful Frontline. This is probably a big factor in their speed performance and is not to be taken lightly.
Sitepad site builder (GreenGeeks review):- GreenGeeks offers site pad as its de facto drag and drop site builder. While the site pad is slightly more complex to use than the average drag and drops website builder. It still requires zero coding skills to use and slightly more comprehensive than average. it already comes with many Pri design template approx 300 templates + a wide array of widgets you can use to modify them. Sitepad is a third-party site editor that GreenGeeks has integrated into its control panel. Original developer has the motivation to keep it current with new technologies and tools.
Let’s Encrypt SSL integration (GreenGeeks review):- It has launched their proprietary built let’s encrypt SSL integration in July 2019 for users hosted on shared and reseller platform. Its users can now one-click install let’s encrypt wildcard SSL and renew their SSL automatically without touching a CSR\ private key\ CRT files.
Extensive security features (WEB HOSTING GEEKS):
To ensure account safety, GreenGeeks has taken a two-pronged approach, making use of account isolation as well as Secure vFS. By keeping account siloed, they are able to protect users from resources hogs within their own server environment. each and every account is also secured with its own real-time malware scanning. It’s another follow up on the silo mentality, but also means that your account will be safe from anything that may affect another account on the same server such as Malware.
- Helpful Customer Support and Knowledgebase (GreenGeeks review):- It runs the gamut in terms of customer service, having almost everything a web host seeker would want. The company is recognised by better Business Bureau and currently rated as ‘A’ by the users. They not only have 24/7 email support phone support and life state but also some interesting resources you can leverage on. There are also several basic tutorials to supplement they are covering everything from how to set up email on your account to even platform-specific help such as for WordPress or Drupal. Overall in terms of resources available to help it surpasses easily 80% off web host. In fact, the only drawback that is visible is the lack of video base tutorials which are becoming increasingly important given or leaning towards rich media formats.
- Free CDN (GreenGeeks review):- Everyone interacts with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) on a daily basis if they browse the web, whether they’re looking at news sites, social media pages, or shopping online. GreenGeeks offers a CDN to users that are powered by Cloudflare. That’s great news for your site optimization, especially if you’ve got a global reach.
- Multiple High-Quality Server Locations(GreenGeeks review):- GreenGeeks offers data centres in four locations: Chicago, US – Phoenix, US – Montreal, CA- Amsterdam, NL Choosing the right server location can have a huge, positive impact on your website’s SEO. Plus, if you pick a server closer to you, you’ll experience faster speeds. GreenGeeks also promises customers that they will keep servers up to date with the following specifications:
- – Never oversold
- – Gigabit Connectivity
- – The Latest Generation Energy-efficient Intel Xeon processors
- – Minimum of 64 GB DDR3 ECC-Registered Memory
- – No desktop hardware whatsoever
- – BGP4 Gigabit connectivity to several Fiber GigE Tier 1 Backbones
- – Name brand server parts
- – RAID-10 SSD Storage Arrays to give you maximum performance & redundancy
- – Solid State Drive (SSD) Acceleration
It doesn’t stop there. Each data center includes the following features:
Biometric and key card security system with man-traps and a rack-level locking mechanism
SAS 70 Type 1 certified (with audit report available on request)
FM 200 server-safe fire suppression system that has an early pre-fire detection mechanism
Dual-city grid power feeds, plus battery backup that includes an automatic transfer switch and a diesel generator on-site. Staffed 24×7 by SingleHop data centre engineers and technicians and monitored remotely Automatic climate control and temperature system with temperature and humidity sensors throughout the facility.
- Nightly Backups (GreenGeeks review):- Sometimes, bad things happen. Maybe it’s self-inflicted, or it could be someone with malicious intent trying to hack their way in. Regardless, GreenGeeks provides free nightly backups (in addition to SSH access). This way, you can sleep soundly, knowing that even if something goes wrong, your data is backed up regularly. For additional security measures, they also offer real-time security scanning, automatic brute force detection, Spam Assassin protection, SSL secure server, and the ability to password-protect your directories. (web hosting geeks, GreenGeeks email setup, GreenGeeks login, GreenGeeks affiliate).
Cons of GreenGeeks review / GreenGeeks complaints:-
- Setup and domain fees are not included in a refund (GreenGeeks review): Like it, clean 30 days money-back guarantee refund policy you can ask for a refund during the first 30 days trial period. however dormant registration fees other add on features cost (Such as SSL, CDN cost, etc) and a “free” state of fees during purchase will not include in your refunds. While it’s reasonable for GreenGeeks to not refund on domain registration and add on features as the need to pay for those third-party services. It is however unpaid to charges users $15 Centre fees when they cancel their account within the first 30 days. The highlighted fees are non-refundable.
- Prices increase during renewal (GreenGeeks review): Website hosting cost has been a major concern for many WHSR readers. The price tag of $2.95/$3.95/$4.95 is available for GreenGeeks first time customers. When you renew your hosting plan after your first term the regular rate of Eco sites Starter plan will be $9.95 per month. A lot of customers do not realise that they are going to pay higher prices and they get sticker shock when they see the auto-charge on their credit card statement.
greengeeks PRICING, HOSTING PLANS (GREENGEEKS HOSTING REVIEWS):
- Shared hosting (GreenGeeks review):- Unlike most other web hosts, GreenGeeks has just one shared hosting plan. The plan costs $2.95 if you pay for 3 years in advance (the actual cost is $9.95 per month if you pay monthly). It comes with unlimited web space, unlimited data transfer, support for unlimited domain names, and unlimited email accounts and MySQL databases. This plan also comes with a free domain name and free nightly backups. It is powered by RAID-10 SSD storage for performance.
- WordPress hosting (GreenGeeks review):- Their WordPress hosting is basically the same as their shared hosting plan, but it seems to be especially enhanced for WordPress.
Free domain? Yes.
Ease of Signup: Easy signup process.
Payment Methods: Credit Card, PayPal.
Hidden Fees and Clauses: Your account must not use more than 100 percent of 1 CPU core and/or 1GB memory, or 20 concurrent connections or 75,0000 files or you will risk account suspension. If a due invoice is not paid within four days, your account will be suspended and you will need to pay a reactivation fee of $15 to have your account back online.
Upsells: No upsells.
Account Activation: Quick account activation.
Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: cPanel.
Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): 1-click install tool to easily install popular apps and CMSs.
- GreenGeeks hosting plan (GreenGeeks review) – GreenGeeks has a wide range of hosting plans for customers of every size. They offer basic shared hosting, managed WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, VPS and dedicated server hosting.
They have one shared hosting plan called EcoSite Starter. It includes:
- unlimited storage and bandwidth
- 1 free domain registration
- hosting for unlimited websites
- SSD (solid-state drives) for blazing fast speed
- free nightly backups
- 1-click installation of WordPress and other apps
They also provide a free website migration service so you can easily move from your current hosting company.
The managed WordPress hosting plan costs the same as shared hosting, but comes with some extra features specifically for WordPress. It includes:
- WordPress optimized servers for faster loading
- automatic updates for security
- security scanning plus brute force and DDoS protection
- built-in PHP caching and Cloudflare CDN for faster loading
There are also a few advanced features for more technical users and developers:
- pre-installed Git
- PHP version selection
- WP-CLI for direct command-line access.
GreenGeeks provide an excellent amount of features for a surprisingly low price. They offer everything you need to build a secure and fast website, whether you’re a blogger, developer, or owner of a growing business.
Is GreenGeeks hosting is good?
GreenGeeks is an established and well-respected web host with solid infrastructure, excellent support, and a focus on the environment. They offer a broad range of hosting services but their focus is on shared hosting for beginners. With their other offerings, they provide plenty of room to grow regardless of your needs.
Is it good for wordpress?
GreenGeeks specializes in hosting WordPress as well as the two other popular CMSs, Joomla and Drupal. Their support staff know WordPress and can help with configuration and optimization questions. GreenGeeks is not, however, an official WordPress host like SiteGround, Bluehost, and DreamHost.
Does they offer Cloud hosting?
GreenGeeks has never offered cloud hosting. The closest they have to it are their VPS plans that offer virtual computers with dedicated resources. Their base plan includes 4 CPU cores, 2 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD storage, and 10 TB of bandwidth for $39.95 per month.
Does it provide uptime guarantee?
GreenGeeks offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, but there is no credit or refund if your site does happen to go offline. It’s more of a good-faith guarantee. According to the SLA, “GreenGeeks will try to maintain maximum uptime.” However, we have been testing GreenGeeks since 2017 and they have rarely fallen below this. Last year, their average uptime was over 99.95%.
Does GreenGeeks gives any reseller hosting options?
GreenGeeks offers 5 different reseller plans. They all offer unlimited SSD storage and bandwidth. You can host as many sites as you like. The only limitation is the number of cPanel accounts they provide. The base plan offers 10 accounts and costs $19.95 per month. The reseller plans include most of the features found in their normal shared hosting plans.
What is GreenGeeks?
GreenGeeks is a web hosting company founded on the principles of environmental-friendly web hosting in 2006. Their headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California but they have clients all over the world with data centers in United States, Canada, and Netherland.
How do I install WordPress on GreenGeeks?
Plans on GreenGeeks come with the Softaculous application installer. This click-to-install utility can help you install WordPress automatically on your hosting account.
Is GreenGeeks hosting good?
GreenGeeks is a good place for beginners to start and offers a relatively unique perspective on web hosting, trying to be environmentally friendly in an industry with a massive carbon footprint without sacrificing the server performance.
What is Green hosting?
Green hosting is when an effort is expended on reducing the environmental impact caused by web hosting. This can be done in a number of ways, such as the purchase of green energy credits or carbon offsets. Learn more about how Green hosting works.
Is GreenGeeks suitable for business use?
GreenGeeks is suitable for business use, but their focus remains mostly on shared and VPS hosting. Larger businesses should be aware and exercise caution on possible limitations.
TEAM INFILATE VIEWS
We hope that all of your doubts about Greengeeks Hosting are cleared and you like Infilate’s Greengeeks Review.
- Apart from Greengeeks Web Hosting, Infilate’s Team also suggests the following hosting sites:
For Discount and Offers CLICK HERE
Hello readers, Check out our Discount Offers and Coupons.
In our upcoming blogs, we discuss all the aspects of best managed to host providers for WordPress. Also our personal Review over the best services you can look forward to. In this blog, we understand the best web hosting for WordPress, and there uses in different aspects of working type.
Share and comment on your valuable feedback which we weren’t able to include in our Blog. Your comments provide value to us. It makes us more energetic and we try our best to give value to our Infilate family.
Now as you know which is the best website hosting provider lets start making a website and start your online journey.
You can also check –