The phpMyAdmin is open-source software that is used to manage the MYSQL software with the help of a web browser. PhpMyAdmin helps you to manage all the databases, tables, indexes, and many more tasks which are then been executed with the help of the user interface. In this blog, we will be reading how to install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu.
- How To Host A Website in Simple Steps?
- How to install PHP, My Admin, on Ubuntu
- Best WordPress Hosting for Beginners in the Industry
- What is Shared Hosting – A 2020 Guide?
- Beginners Guide to all Types of Web Hosting Services
- What is Cloud Hosting? 8 Benefits Of Cloud Hosting
- What is Dedicated Server Hosting? Why is it expensive?
- Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting – Which is better for our Business?
- MYSQL Database management: MYSQL is open-source software that helps you to review manage and control all your easily through the database.
- Multiple servers administration: This generally allows you to create jobs and maintenance plans easily on a server as your master server. Anything which is created on the master server can be created on other servers as well. This is the reason multiple server administration is been used.
- Provides you with global database searches: This feature helps you find any of the fields worldwide. It helps you save time as you don’t need to use different applications to find each field all fields can be found in this version.
- Live charts are provided to monitor your MYSQL server activity which is really useful in order to make the work easier and find faults easily.
Requirements for installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu
Before installing phpMyadmin on Ubuntu you need to have the following requirements in order to install smoothly.
- A Lamp stack (Linux, PHP, MYSQL) installed
- At least PHP5.2,0 or a newer version
- If you fulfill such requirements you can easily install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu
To install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu follow these steps:
- You first need to go and update the package index:
- Install phpMyAdmin package. Use the following code to install Sudo apt-get install -y PHPMyAdmin
- Once installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu is done you need to go and configure the phpMyAdmin package. You need to press the space bar to place an”*” beside the apache 2
- Press tab to highlight OK then press enter. After seeing this installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu will continue again and you need to select YES and hit ENTER.
- You will be provided, the database administrator password.
- Next, enter the password phpMyAdmin application itself.
- Confirm the phpMyAdmin application password.
- After completing this process your installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu will be completed easily. Now you can restart your apache and start using the software.
- There are websites that provide you with free web hosting and c panel which you all can use in order to make your work easier.
You can use these free web hosting providers you can use in order to grow your work.
- Hostinger: is the best hosting provider you can choose in terms of the services they provide and in reasonable pricing which can be good for you.
- Bluehost: Most Bluehost plans include unlimited storage domain hosting and other options that can be useful for you.
- Siteground: This is recommended for the excellent customer support service by step by step tutorials which can be a good option.
- Dreamhost: This company provides you with a wide variety of services aiming for its packages towards startups.
Q1. My server is crashing each time a specific action is been taken place?
These things generally don’t happen but I hope your device fulfills all the requirements. If you face these problems again try restarting your APACHE this may resolve your problem even if you face issues again then try installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu again. This will resolve your problem.
Q2. I am not able to add text file in the table I am constantly seeing the message safe mode activated?
Whenever you upload a file it goes and gets saved in the PHP directory. So we recommend you to follow the process and make changes in your APACHE server which is running in safe mode in order to upload the files again
- The initial step is to create the separate the directory from the uploads: mkdir/tmp/php
- Give the ownership to the APACHE server
- You need to give proper permission to the APACHE server
- Now reset the server
- By following these steps you will be able to easily upload the files again.
Q3. Which MYSQL version does phpMyAdmin support?
The MYSQL does not support all the versions of the version above 5.0.1 and new are been supported with it. If you don’t have the new version you can try to run with the older version. You just need to install the latest 2X branch in order to make it run easily. Through this, you can connect to your PHP MYSQL classic and use it. When you are compiling your PHP we recommend you do it manually this will make it simpler for you and will be in a better process.
Q4. I am not able to connect to the MYSQL server. Does it always return the error message?
Yes, it is generally faced with the new versions which are above4.0 and newer. We are facing such issues because MYSQL has changed their settings to hash and PHP still tries to use the older settings. To resolve such a problem we have a simple method which you can use to try to use MSQL library properly in order to match with your installation process this will help you to match properly and will reduce the server errors but if you are using a lower version you need not need to do such things if you are facing errors then try to re- install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu which might help you to remove the problems easily.
Q5. I am running my MYSQL in my WIN32 machine as soon I create a table it converts in lowercase what should I do?
You generally face this issue because the MYSQL tables directory is in lower case in the WIN32 version of MYSQL. You can simply change it by changing the directive to 0 just you need to edit your my.ini files which will be located in your Windows directory and you need to add the following line to your MYSQL and update now you can even work on uppercase as well. These were some ways through which you can start installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu easily. The methods discussed are tried and tested which will definitely help you in installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu. Suggestions and critics are most welcomed.
TEAM INFILATE VIEWS
Some of the Web Hosting Services which we recommend our user family :
- For Dedicated Hosting,
- You can look forward to Bluehost Web Hosting.
- You can also look for ResellerClub Web Hosting.
For Discount and OffersCLICK HERE
Hello readers, Check out our Discount Offers and Coupons.
In this blog we will be learning How to install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu. Hope your query about How to install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu got cleared .Hope you like it!!!
In our upcoming blogs, we discuss all the aspects of best managed to host providers for WordPress. Also our personal Review over the best services you can look forward to. In this blog, we understand the best web hosting for WordPress, and there uses in different aspects of working type.
Share and comment on your valuable feedback which we weren’t able to include in our Blog. Your comments provide value to us. It makes us more energetic and we try our best to give value to our Infilate family.
You can also check –